Nov 22, 2011

Thanksgiving in transit.

Friday.

FRIDAY!!!
That's the day Will FINALLY gets home.

After 20 days spent in Germany for training
and over 6 months in Kuwait...

(that's 28 weeks.
196 days.
4704 hours.
Take your pick)

...we are SO excited!

My friend explained the tail end of a deployment perfectly by saying that she feels like a kid on Christmas Eve.
That is exactly how I feel.

I'm like that kid who can't fall asleep.
Anxiously waiting.
I'm so excited and eager, but I can't make the time go faster.

As a matter of a fact, I seem to be making time go slower.
(why is that by the way?)

I'm not going to lie, it is pretty sucky (improper grammar, but I couldn't think of a better word)
that Will won't be home for Thanksgiving.
It just doesn't seem right.
I feel like it should be a time to be together...and Will is without his family, and we're without him.
We were really hoping he would be home in time, but that isn't how it worked out.

But...
it is nice to be able to say my husband will be home this week.

1 comment:

Jen and Allen said...

Just push turkey day back a few days... you can do all the prep since he is gone and then do the dinner and enjoy it as a family. on Sat or Sunday... The kids wont know the difference as to if they eat it on time but they will know if they eat it with or with out dad... just a thought SO glad he is coming home!