Aug 23, 2011

Preschool

Austin had his first day of preschool today (tear)
He LOVED it.
I really like the preschool he is going to.
They seem to have just the right mix of social/playtime, and learning time.
He only goes for 3 1/2 hours, two days a week; but it is going to be good for him.
I went and got groceries with only one kid hanging on me, instead of three.
I think that was when I realized that I haven't been anywhere with just Maci in a long time.
It was so nice to have that one on one time with her, even walking through the grocery store isles.



Austin has his own little cubby that he keeps his lunch and important papers in.
He was so excited that he gets to bring his own lunch to preschool.
I took him to Wal-Mart and let him pick out a new lunch box.
It was a big deal that it had to be "Optimus Crime, and the yellow guy"
I was so happy when we got there to see that they did have a Transformers lunch box...whew.
But in the end, How to Train your Dragon won...but it was NOT an easy decision for him!
It was very important that he picked the right one. :)

The "free play" time at his preschool is amazing. They have all sorts of trampolines, rope swings, balance beams, and a bouncy castle/slide.








In a few weeks, Austin starts soccer.
He hasn't played any sports, so I'm excited to see how he will like it.
He's getting so big!

No comments: