Apr 23, 2010

FIESTA!

Every spring, the city has a festival called Fiesta. It lasts about a week and it is held to celebrate the battle of the Alamo. There are several events throughout the week including a parade. (just to give you an idea how BIG of a deal Fiesta is, most school districts here give a day off so you can go celebrate) In honor of Fiesta week, Hunter's school has a mini Fiesta parade. All the first graders make their own floats and then they parade around the school. Hunter decided to make a lion. It was really fun helping him decide how to make it and to help him. We got pretty crafty using items I had around the house; pipe cleaners for the mane, an empty applesauce cup for the snout, a tassel for the end of the tail, and casters so it could roll. It turned out really cute. Yesterday, I went to watch the parade. Austin LOVED seeing all the mini floats go by. There were some pretty crazy cool floats. Hunter's was, by far, the best...but you wouldn't expect me to think any different, would you? Of course I forgot my camera, so I was stuck taking pictures with my phone so they aren't too great.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That's so cute! I am very impressed with your craftiness. That is so not me.

Nana S said...

By far the cutest float........not to mention grandson!

Melanie said...

Seriously so cute!!!

Jeremy and Sherri said...

Gotta love Fiesta!!! what a cute "Float"