Mar 27, 2008

Our trip to Washington!

Our trip to Washington to visit my parents was, how can I say this, entertaining. After being stuck in the rain at the Pike Street Market for four hours, making a trip to the ER, and dealing with an "I'm on vacation, so I don't have to listen to my parents" 5 year old, I'd have to say it was the most eventful vacation I've ever been on!! K, so it wasn't that bad, but when you're in the moment it seems worse. We really did have a lot of fun in WA. It was fun seeing my parents new house and being able to spend a few weeks with them. We did a lot of things and had a lot of fun. Here are a few pictures to show for it!




Hunter and Austin loved looking at the planes


But only for five minutes



....the aircraft carrier we saw on the way to Seattle


Ferry ride to Seattle across the Puget Sound




Pike street Market






.

Fish-throwing guys






This picture says it all .


This This picture doesn't do them justice,

but those are BIG Texas doughnuts





While we were swimming Hunter fell and smacked his head on the side of the pool (running of course!) We ended up going to the ER that night because he was in a lot of pain. They did a CT scan. Hunter was really brave and did excellent during the scan. Everything ended up being fine. We are really grateful.








Hunter and my brother, Conor, looking for seashells
Which got us trying to say the Sally Sells Seashells rhyme,
but that is another story.



Gorgeous drive to the waterfall

The waterfall (I forgot the name)




Hunter and Austin had a great Easter. The Easter Bunny was very generous this year! I couldn't move fast enough to keep the candy out of Austins mouth!

Hunter, Conor, Austin, and me at the park
My wonderful mom and dad

3 comments:

Haddorkus said...

That is an eventful trip, glad no brain damage for Hunter. Are you sad your parents left CO? Even if it is so beautiful there. And so much to do. I have never been, but always wanted to go. Fun trip but always good to be home, huh?

Nicole Howard said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. It is nice to see you in pictures too!!

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

Oh that actually made me miss washington for a short moment. then i sit here and remember how much it rains there. we are glad you are home, but glad you had such a great trip.