Jun 22, 2008

I made it!


I made it! I'm back from girls camp. It was a lot of preparation and work, but it was worth it. Even though it was 90-100 degree weather, and we were dripping in sweat (literally) we still had a ton of fun. I really got to know the girls, and it was amazing seeing their testimony's of the gospel grow. I know it was meant for them, but I have to say that it helped my testimony too.



We did lots of fun things up at camp. Crafts, tubing, swimming, archery, a service project, singing, and more.


We did a Fashion show/Pajama party. The girls dressed up in their matching pajamas and decided to call themselves the "fashion disasters"

**please note the uni brows, smeared make up, and hair dos.



One of the other leaders I met. She made fun of me for packing up all my bedding every morning. I hate bugs in my bed, I don't know about you.


One young women decided it would be fun to prank me the whole time we were there. Some pranks include being soaked with ice water, (several times a day, once in the middle of the night) being pulled into the pool with my clothes on, and getting baby powder dumped on me. It's okay, it was all fun and games...all I can say is I got her back...good.

It was really hard to be away from my family. I missed them so much. Thanks to my mom for coming down from Washington to watch the kids, I was able to go to girls camp. Thanks mommy. I love you. By the way...My house is cleaner than I left it! You did my laundry didn't you!

10 comments:

The Bergquist Fam said...

way to go abbey! i'm glad it all went well and you are all home safely! thanks for doing such an awesome job with the girls. oh and those tie dye shirts look like they came out pretty nice!

Melanie said...

Abbey, You are amazing. How do you do it all? I'm glad you had fun. I'm sure the boys did with mom. Can't wait to see you in a month!!!

Love you!!
Melanie

Nicole Howard said...

Cute pictures. I am glad you didn't melt in the heat and that you are back...I was BORED out of my mind while you were gone.

Sara said...

found your link off of liz's....so fun to see some of the girls on here :) i miss all of them. wow! can't believe you've done two girls camps now :) you're awesome! looks like they all had a good time (i hope!). ah, pranks. can't stand them!! you're a trooper putting up with them!

Haddorkus said...

I can't even begin to tell you how jealous I am.

I would love to know what you did back to get even, though.

Abbey said...

sticky, melted marshmellows all over the top of her sleeping bag.

I felt bad afterwards though. At least I didn't put them inside her sleeping bag.

Jeremy and Sherri said...

You're Awesome Abbey!! It was fun to see the pics of the girls (I miss the people in the ward) I'm glad that you are home safe also.

Melissa said...

I guess I don't have an excuse the next time I get asked t help with girls camp. When you come on Thursday, bring bags or boxes. I have more stuff to give you. I won't force any more of my food on you, but I've got fun stuff like candles and craft supplies. Thanks for helping out. See you then.

Nikki said...

You are so fun Abbey! Great pictures. It was fun reading about your experiences at camp. That's awesome that your mom came down to watch the boys so you could go.

The Schooley's said...

I was going to ask about your retailiation, but read down farther and bingo!! Awesome. I bet you were the coolest leader there. I loved the unibrows!! Absolutely hilarious!! I am do glad you had a blast!!